1. To run the TEFL classes professionally and effectively, ensuring the students learn the most English possible.
2. Holding a high standard of image and professionalism at all times.
3. Making sure that the safety and well being of the students is at a high standard at all times and that our high standards of learning English are up-kept.
4. To represent the centre and TECS positively at all times.
Job Review and Performance Coordination
Regular feedback will be provided from the Centre Manager and mid-management about job performance and objectives. Also, they will be available at any time to discuss concerns or problems that may occur, or to offer support in situations when help is deemed necessary. One to one meetings can also be arranged with the Centre Manager and Director of Language Centres.
1. Take part in all training sessions.
2. Familiarise yourself thoroughly with all parts of the job before the start of staff training.
3. Be open to learning and developing and ask questions when unsure.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
– At least 2 years’ experience in full time classroom EFL teaching
– At least 2 professional and personal references
– College/University Bachelor’s Degree or higher
– CELTA certificate (pass B preferred) or equivalent
– E.U. passport or Spanish residence/work permit
– A clear police record and proof of suitability to work with minors
Note: a medical certificate is not necessary since TECS provides free, confidential and optional medical revisions.
~High motivation in teaching and sharing your knowledge with others (staff and students)
~First class interpersonal skills, with ability to control children in a motivational and fair way, which enables them to integrate into the English environment smoothly and encourages them to speak English
~Very high level of oral and written skills including persuasion, negotiation and advocacy
~The ability to manage continually conflicting priorities.
~High energy levels and a young but responsible and mature outlook on life and work.
~A positive attitude and ability to put yourself in other’s shoes in order to work effectively as a key part of a diverse team.
~Competent knowledge of Microsoft Office