British Educational Centre
You would teach for five days per week for a total of 30 academic hours, where 1 ac. hour is equal to 45 minutes. On top of this, you would attend regular high-quality professional development seminars with the Director of Studies to revise and extend your skills.
In order to be a suitable applicant, you need to have experience in teaching Young Learners (ages 7-12) and Very Young Learners (ages 3-6), teaching Teens (13-16) and Adults. Having a YL qualification would put you at an advantage. Almost half of our clients are children, and we are looking for teachers who are able to work independently with this age group without requiring any additional training. Teaching teens and adults, of course, will be expected too.
We expect our teachers to be open-minded, confident, friendly, and creative. They should also be passionate about English and teaching English, and strive to get the best out of their students.
Teachers are expected to plan well for their lessons, with clear and achievable lesson aims in mind and appropriate tasks to meet these aims. The aim of lessons should always be on learners achieving functional and communicative outcomes.
Teachers should have very strong knowledge of English grammar, and should be able to explain meanings and functions of structures and of vocabulary confidently, accurately and effectively. Candidates will be tested on this during interview.
Please do not apply if you feel you do not meet these requirements.
– Essential: CELTA / Trinity TESOL / recognised TEFL with published course syllabus (not online) / TKT / DELTA / MA connected to teaching English + experience of teaching YLs and VYLs.
– Highly desirable: YL Certification + experience of teaching teens and adults.
IMPORTANT: For candidates whose first language is not English, we require the teacher to be at C2 level in English. Certificates such as Cambridge: Proficiency or IELTS score 8.5 or higher obtained in the last 2 years would be proof of this, or your proficiency of English would be assessed from your letter of application and in the interview.
Please do not apply if you do not meet this language requirement. We cannot entertain applications from candidates with less than native-level proficiency as it is a strong requirement of our clients.
Salary and Benefits:
The contract lasts for 9 months with a three-month trial period. This includes:
– a monthly compensation from 80,000 rubles (higher for more qualified / experienced candidates). Note that this figure includes rent of shared accommodation, reimbursement of air tickets and visa costs and the monthly accumulative bonus;
– regular professional development seminars;
– half-price Russian lessons.